Are you looking for a light, delicious, and easy dinner to make for your family?
These individual turkey lettuce wraps are perfect for a quick dinner when the temperature soars! The last thing you want to be doing is cooking over a hot stove when it’s sticky and hot outside. These wraps could also be an easy and delicious appetizer for get togethers, parties or for tailgates!! Functional and versatile!
I used butter leaf lettuce but honestly any leafy lettuce would work. This recipe can be altered depending on which seasonal vegetables or protein you want to add.
When I make meat recipes like this I find myself wanting to add a plant-based protein to the mix.
For this recipe I am using jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice, hot pepper flakes and hot sauce for dipping. When I make this recipe in the fall I would add either black beans, pinto beans or kidney beans and change up the summertime lime juice with a splash of chicken broth to make it a hardier version.
This is a practical, use-up-those-left-overs in your refrigerator meal, easy to prepare, simple to make, and clean -up is a breeze!
I hope you enjoy these too!
- -1 to 1 1/2 lb. of ground lean turkey
- – 2 stalks of celery
- -1 medium onion
- – 3 cloves of garlic
- -1 bunch of cilantro
- -1 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- -1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- -4 green onions
- -salt to taste
- -head of lettuce
- Clean lettuce leaves and set aside
- Chop regular onion, garlic and celery and place in pan drizzled with a small amount of olive oil.
- After vegetables are cooked add ground turkey and cook until the meat is done
- Add your chopped cilantro, green onions, red pepper flakes, Cayenne pepper and salt.
- Spoon turkey on to your lettuce leaves and serve