When it comes to quick on the go energy most people often times do not always have time to choose the healthiest food choices and in turn that “quick energy” can be quite detrimental to your health in the long run.
When it comes to choosing healthier options for quick snacks I found these snack bites. Using dates, a mixture of almonds, pecans and walnuts, cocoa powder, pure vanilla extract, coconut flakes, chia seeds and chocolate chips.
I have made other energy bites before and posted them on my blog but these particular ones are different in that I am not using raw honey or nut butter. Sometimes it’s okay to switch it up so that you aren’t always eating the same thing over and over again.
The health benefits of these snacks are evident: pecans, walnuts, almonds, chia seed, coconut flakes but I wanted to draw particularly close attention to the benefits of consuming dates in place of refined “sugar”.
I am going to list only a few of the MANY health benefits of Dates:
- Dates are easily digested:
•allowing you to gain a lot of the beneficial vitamins and minerals
- Excellent source of soluble fiber:
•promotes healthy bowel movements and helps to prevent constipation
- High in Vitamin A:
•helps to protect your eyesight and may help to reduce night blindness
- High in B Vitamins:
•Carotenes Lutein and Zeaxanthin may help to protect against macular degeneration
- May help reduce LDL Cholesterol
•the bad cholesterol
Prep time to make these takes less than 20 minutes and will last the entire week.
- 1 1/2 cup Dates (remove the pit)
- 1/4-1/2 cup Pecans, Almonds, Walnuts (you can use all of these nuts or just 1)
- 2 Teaspoons Coconut Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- Chia Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (you can use regular salt too)
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips they are allergy free)
- Dump all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend
- Make these into bites sized treats or bars