What has nut butter, chia seeds, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, raw honey, coconut flakes, dairy-free chocolate chips, and gluten-free oatmeal? My take on bite-sized protein energy balls!
These little packs of protein are truly amazing and FILLING! Seriously, who doesn’t just love when a snack has all the aspects of what a snack should be: salty, crunchy, smooth sweetness of honey, and a kick of bittersweet chocolate that also happens to be dairy-free??? I mean…this is too good to be true? Right?
I have been making my version of protein energy balls for a couple of years now and the recipe changes every time! Try adding your favorite healthy ingredients to the mix. Once you’ve mixed all the ingredients together roll them into bite sized balls and place them in the refrigerator. These have been great on the go snacks for every occasion and trust me your family will love them!
Reasons to make your own Energy Balls:
1.They’re easy to make.
2.They’re easy to customize to your taste with different types of healthy food options.
3.Chocolate, nut butter, and a salty crunch all rolled (literally) into a bite-sized treat…need I say more! =)
Have fun making these bite-sized treats!
- 1 cup. dry oatmeal (gluten-free)*
- 2/3 cup. Coconut flakes*
- 1/2 c. nut butter………………… (for a creamier consistency use 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup flax-seeds……………… (I use regular, some prefer ground flax-seeds)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips……..(I use dairy free chocolate chips from Enjoy Life_
- 1/3 cup Raw Honey or Agave
- 1-2 Tbsp. Chia seeds
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract*Optional….I also add additional seeds like Pumpkin Seeds for more protein and crunch!
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Use a spoon or small melon ball scooper to make even and consistent sized bites!
- Place in Refrigerator and watch them disappear!