When it comes to your furry four legged babies you spare no expense to keep them safe, healthy and happy!!! I for one spend about as much time looking over the ingredient list for dog food as I do for my food. Having non-celiac gluten sensitivity, I am well aware of my limitations on food. My dogs are no exception. So this led me to making treats for my dogs because I want to know exactly what ingredients are in the treats before I would give them to my dogs! Dog treats must be: healthy, easy to make, quick to prep, and minimal dishes to clean up afterward. I have made these treats at different times throughout the year and keep them in my freezer for my Husky and American Eskimo Spitz! THEY LOVE THEM!!! .
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 c. gluten free flour
- 1 c. flaxseed flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
**To make this Organic just replace regular ingredients for Certified Organic ingredients!
- Mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, peanut butter and shredded zucchini.
- Fold gluten free flour and flaxseed flour 1 cup at a time and then add the cinnamon.Keep blending until the dough is no longer ‘sticky’ to the touch.
- Roll or spoon dough into ¼ to ½ inch thickness. You can also use a cookie cutter.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until crisp.