Hi Friends! Hopefully you all are doing well and keeping warm!! The weather has been all over the map this past week and unfortunately it has decided to stay a cold.
But, it is perfect for a cup of hot coco with extra marshmallows or your favorite tea with a dash of honey or flavored coffees…oh wait that’s’ for another blog! =)
Today, I am sharing with you my potato bites recipe just in time for the Super Bowl!!
Weather you are hosting a party, (even if your team didn’t make it) or you need a dish to take to a Super Bowl Party, these potato bites are sure to be a the spud of the party!! ( ha I had too)
Baby red potatoes are just the cutest and I wanted to find an equally adorable way to showcase them!
- 1 bag of small baby red potatoes
- 2 c. of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 7-8 slices of Turkey Bacon or Regular Bacon (I use pre-cooked)
- 1 bundle of Green Onions
- Olive Oil
- Pepper and Salt (to taste)
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Rinse off potatoes and cut off ends and discard them. Cut the potato in half so it can lay on the lined baking sheet. Since they are small you will get about 2 bites per potato.
- Drizzle potatoes with a little bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in the oven for about 5-6 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and Sprinkle on shredded Cheddar cheese
- If you did not buy pre-cooked bacon, cook the bacon first, then allow it to cool, chop it up and add a few pieces on top of the cheddar cheese.
- Finally, chop or dice the green onions and sprinkle the onion over the bacon.
- Pop them in the oven for 12-15 minutes and make sure the cheese has melted.
1 thought on “Baby Red Potato Bites”
This sounds super delicious!