Hi friends! I hope everyone is enjoying this splendid fall weather!
I mentioned that I would be sharing a recipe with Pumpkin and that day is here. With everything from pumpkin spiced latte to pumpkin beer to flavored dog treats there truly is pumpkin for all.
I am so thrilled to share with you my creamy pumpkin pie bars! Not only are they vegan, but gluten and dairy free too!
Pumpkin Health Benefits:
- High in Carotenoids, specifically beta-carotene (which gives pumpkins their distinct orange color) is converted to Vitamin A.
- Carotenoids help your skin, teeth, eyes, and skeletal tissues just to name a few.
- Carotenoids are powerful antioxidants that can help prevent against certain types of cancers.
- Carotenoids can help protect against heart disease.
- Carotenoids help boost the immune system
- High in Fiber
- Low in Calories
- 1/5 c. dates pitted
- 1 c. pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/5 c. cashews soaked in water overnight in refrigerator
- 1/3 c. coconut sugar or maple syrup
- ½ – ¾ c. unsweetened pumpkin puree1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a blender or food processor pulse dates, pecans, sea salt and vanilla extract.
- Place parchment paper in 8 inch square casserole dish.
- Transfer mixture into an 8-inch square casserole dish. With your hands press mixture together and down towards the dish so that the ingredients stick together, this layer will be the “crust”.
- Next, in a food processor or blender combine raw cashews that have soaked in water overnight (or at least for 1 hour) with coconut sugar or maple syrup, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Spread this mixture as a second layer on top of the date and pecan crust. Lastly, add a sprinkling of crushed pecans on top.
- Place dish in the freezer to set overnight. Store in the freezer.
1 thought on “Creamy Pumpkin Pie Bars”
Looks yummy 😋